Week-end Special sessions is offered for the preparation of NUST Entry Test examinations. These sessions are boons for students seeking admission in NUST. As NUST conduct their admission tests well before intermediate exams, so ACES week-end special is a prudent option. These sessions are offered only on Saturdays and Sundays at ACES Islamabad and Online (Global), meticulously prepares the students for NUST (NET I, II & III) entrance exams. Week-end special offers a synchronized course plan for NUST (NET I, II & III) which consists of Lectures, Online (Computer-Based) Mock Tests and discussions to secure students’ career in advance.
Salient Features of Admission Policy for Undergraduate (UG) Programmes
- Academic year at NUST starts in Fall every year
- Admissions are given on merit only.
- Admission can be sought either on the basis of NUST Entry Test (NET) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for which limited seats are available.
- While Pakistani nationals (including dual nationality holders) can opt for both NET and SAT, foreign nationals can only apply for international seats on SAT basis.
- NET is conducted at three locations, that is Islamabad (NUST Campus), Karachi and Quetta.
- At Islamabad the Test is conducted in computer-based format. In Karachi and Quetta it is in paper-based format.
- Computer-based test is designed in accordance with the internationally practiced system of on-line examinations. It is easy to attempt with minimal practice.
- NET is compiled from text books prescribed for HSSC courses. Candidates preparing for NET are advised to consult all relavent text books of various boards of education.
- Instructions to attempt computer-based entry test and sample test are available on NUST website for guidance.
- The pattern and the standard of question papers for both types of tests is the same.
- The computer based test at Islamabad will be conducted in three series according to the following schedule:
- First Series (NET-1) – 2 – 14 Dec 2017
- Second Series (NET-2) – 26 Mar 2018 onwards
- Third Series (NET-3) – 3 July 2018 onwards
- The schedule of paper based test to be conducted in Karachi and Quetta in second and third series is as follows:-
- Second Series (NET-2) – 1-2 April 2018
- Third Series (NET-3) – 7-8 July 2018
- Candidates can appear in entry test more than once to improve their score with the proviso that during a series test can only be taken once for a particular discipline. In case of multiple attempts the best score will be considered for admission.
- For computer-based NET, candidates can choose the date and session of test from the available schedule.
- The result of NET will remain valid for the current admission cycle culminating in Fall 2018.
- FA / FSc stream candidates should have passed HSSC Part-I exam.
- A level students should have obtained minimum 60% marks as per equivalence of O level certificate issued by IBCC.
Application Processing Fee for entry test will be charged as follows:-
- For NUST Entry Test (per exam) – Rs. 3000/- or USD 35/-
- For SAT Candidate
- SAT (National seat) – Rs.3500/- or USD 40/-
- SAT (International seat) – Rs.7000/- or USD 80/-
- Application processing fee is neither refundable nor transferable. It will remain valid only for the series for which it has been paid.
- For registration, possession of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), Form B or National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) is mandatory.
- Upon admission, the University will register the student’s name as per his/her Matric or O level equivalence certificate (SSC), duly issued by IBCC and same will be used for every university document.