Located in Wuhan of central China, Wuhan University of Science and Technology (WUST) is a key public higher learning institution claiming traditional strengths in engineering and sciences that are integrated with contemporary popular disciplines such as medicine, economics, management, humanities, art, law, and philosophy. It dates back to the Hubei Gongyi Xuetang (Hubei Technical Institute) founded in 1898 by Zhang Zhidong (1837-1909), Viceroy of Huguang Province in the late Qing Dynasty. The institution began offering undergraduate degrees in 1957 upon the establishment of Wuhan Iron and Steel Institute, the University’s forerunner in the modern times. In 1978 and 1998, it was authorized by China’s State Council to award the master’s and doctoral degrees, respectively. In 1995 the institution was granted university status renamed Wuhan Yejin University of Science and Technology when Wuhan Iron and Steel Institute merged with two colleges also under the then Ministry of Metallurgy. The University acquired its current name in 1999 following its 1998 handover from China’s Ministry of Metallurgy to the local Hubei Provincial Government for administration. Since late 2013 WUST has come to operate under the joint aegis of Hubei Provincial Government, Ministry of Education of PRC and 6 largest mega steel enterprises in China.
For over 32, 000 students hosted by 20 colleges and schools, 32 research centers and 5 hospitals, WUST now offers a wealth of programs spanning across a broad range of fields. They include 69 undergraduate, over 130 master’s, 34 PhD, and 5 post-doctorate programs, with the strongest being:
- Metallurgical engineering (ranking 6th in China, 2012)
- Mining engineering (ranking 7th in China, 2012)
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering
- Control Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Safety Science and Engineering
- Public Administration (ranking 29th in China, 2012)
You can download the application form by sending us an email
- Matriculation/O-level Certificate or Mark sheet (Grade 10)
- Intermediate/FSc/A-Level Certificate or Mark sheet (10+2)
- Passport scan copy
- Police Character/Clearance Certificate scan copy
- Filled Application form.